Vital pieces of the CP Road Map are coming together. Get involved.
March-April 2012 CP Road Map E-News now online
To view previous issues, click here.
New Moving Advancements into Practice (MAP) brief
The May-June 2012 MAP brief summarizes the activities and achievements of the multi-year concrete overlays program.
For previous MAP briefs, click here.
Building Sustainable Pavements with Concrete
The second edition of the CP Road Map is here!
FHWA and the CP Road Map pooled fund are getting ready to roll out the second edition of the CP Road Map. Research tracks and problem statements have been updated, and new versions of Volume I and Volume II will be online shortly. For a comparison of the old tracks and the new tracks, check out the September-October 2011 MAP brief.
The tracks listed below are currently the most active.
- Materials and Mixes for Concrete Pavements
- Performance-Based Design Guide for New and Rehabilitated Concrete Pavements
- Intelligent Construction Systems and Quality Assurance for Concrete Pavements
- Optimized Surface Characteristics for Safe, Quiet, and Smooth Concrete Pavements
- Concrete Pavement Maintenance and Preservation
- Concrete Pavement Construction, Reconstruction, and Overlays
- Concrete Pavement Economics and Business Management
- Concrete Pavement Sustainability
What is the CP Road Map?
It's a 10-year strategic plan that outlines approximately $250 million in needed concrete pavement research that will help develop a comprehensive, integrated, and fully functional system of concrete pavement technologies.
Dale Harrington is the CP Road Map Program Manager. He can answer your questions. Contact him at 515-964-2020 or email@example.com.